What is the functions of the stem in a plant?
Function of the stem:
- The main function of the stem is to bear branches and leaves and to give them proper exposure to sunlight.
- The leaves help the plants to absorb sunlight and carbon dioxide for manufacture of food.
- The stem also bears flowers for reproduction.
- Stem, in addition to the above-mentioned functions helps in the conduction of water and minerals absorbed by the roots and the food prepared by the leaves.
- Storage of food and water and manufacture of food in certain cases are also the functions of the stem.